Intro

This blog as might be apparent from the title has to do with running, biking and basically other outdoor individualistic sports, sometimes extreme, such as rock climbing . But don't be surprised if you find articles on work, personal life, music and even philosophy, this blog is an exception in this aspect in the blogosphere of running blogs and I am trying to revamp the blog to make it more runner friendly. You might want to look at the sidebar titled 'categorised', which as is obvious, categorizes my posts into different areas of interest.
The other thing that might interest many people is a section on 'running videos' and 'general videos' on the side bar, which I keep updating now and then.
I plan to bring in more posts on running and biking, with some added colour, so as to make them 'complete'. That's about it for now.
As a post-note, I have run a half-marathon, but I am yet to attempt a marathon, which through some concerted effort and time should happen in the future, but that ofcourse is not the culmination of this blog, it would on the contrary be something to jumpstart this blog onto new vistas.




Thursday, March 20, 2008

Life update

It's been a long time since I have updated this blog....on anything :-) So, thought I had post an update on running and life in general:

1) I have been running regularly (2-3 runs/week) over the past three months. But the runs aren't anything to brag about distance wise or time wise. All I can say is, I am on a comeback trail and its different!
2) I have been sleeping earlier and more regularly over the past two months than I have during the past two years.
3) Right now, my spring break has begun with 10 days break. I am going to catch up with hiking, climbing and ofcourse running. In fact, this saturday, weather willing, god willing, and my willing, I should go climbing up Tiger mountain (3rd time around).
Last quarter was pretty useful as I took some pretty nifty courses that added to my database and web skills.
4) Life in general is more smoother than it has been in the past few months. I know you can't make out much from the previous statement, but suffice to say that I had some real tough times out here in my personal and professional life, and I am glad I managed it well.
5) I am moving out from a 5 bed room house to a 1 bed room apt. Huge shift in both costs :( and environment :)

Ok, that's it folks. Will post something on hiking or running the next time. Meanwhile take a look at this video, if you haven't already.

2 comments:

Insignia said...

Hey,

I was searching online for tamil translation of Yogi-B's "madai thiranthu" and I hit upon your blog.
That was morning 11 AM. And being an avid reader, your blogs bound me and I must say amazing articles. Its 4 PM and I am still reading 'em.

Oh yeah by the way, everyone calls me Bindu :-)

Kudos!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bindu - Thanks for visiting my blog. I started this blog primarily as a running blog but I have diversified since then. I am honoured to know that you find some articles amazing.
I have had lot of hits from the Yogi B post, though all I did was put the bits and pieces of translation I found on the web in one place.

I adopted arbit as a pen name for this blog since I like that word and it pertains to my life :)

Keep visiting..

Kennenisa Bekele with the WR

Robbie Mcewen and steve o'grady - The 'Nudge'